Friday, April 30, 2010

Turtle Corn.


Turtle Corn- Popcorn with drizzled caramel and milk chocolate...YUMM!
Start out by popping the corn...


After that Start making your caramel..
In a saucepan combine the following..

1/2 a stick of butter
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup cream/milk either one will do.
1/2 cup sugar


Bring to a simmer and stir until 249 degrees on the candy thermometer

Get your popcorn spread out...
When it was spread out it kinda looked like the United States..So heck, why not make it look like it?

First attempt..lol


Second attempt looked better...

Then you start drizzleing the carmel..

Let it sit until it's cooled..

Next you melt the chocolate chips...

Then begin to drizzle the chocolate on..
Let it all cool down,then break it int pieces.
For Best results refridgerate..
Then, last but certainly not least you eat it UP!! :)

11 comments:

  1. Oh, I am making this, tonight--yummy! Thanks for linking up to my Under $100 Linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious.

    And I think you get an A in Geography today too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great. I could learn to like you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you added a little extra in Alabama.
    Thanks for stopping my and sharing your friday's favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks YUMMY!! Wish I had been in the kitchen when that was done! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I can't wait to try this!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks amazing and so yummy! Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! Would love to have you stop by The Sunday Showcase Party if you get a chance! I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so delicious, I'm hoping to make some tonight! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just finished making this! It is delicious - I kept eating it ;) One thing you might want to add to the recipe is that its brown sugar instead of just plain sugar! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This turtle corn is a wonderful idea. It's quite simple but looks so fancy & gourmet. I'm enjoying your blog. Good job!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete