Monday, May 3, 2010

DELICIOUS Praline Turtle Cake!

Ok,so this is the best desert I have put in my mouth in AWHILE!  for this praline turtle cake recipe u will need the following: 1/2 cup(s) butter


1 cup(s) brown sugar

1 can(s) (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk

1 cup(s) chopped pecans

2 cup(s) all-purpose flour

3/4 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa

2 cup(s) granulated sugar

1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda

1 teaspoon(s) salt

2 large 2 large eggs

1 cup(s) sour cream

1/2 cup(s) canola oil

1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract

1 teaspoon(s) white vinegar

1/2 cup(s) fudge topping

1/2 cup(s) chocolate chips, melted



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Directions



1.Make the cake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.


 Butter the bottoms of two 9-inch round cake pans and fit a circle of parchment paper large enough to cover 1 inch up the side of each cake pan.

Heat the butter, brown sugar, and sweetened condensed milk in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar is dissolved. Do not boil. Divide the sugar mixture between the prepared pans.


Sprinkle 3/4 cup pecans over sugar mixture and set aside to cool.



 Combine the flour, cocoa, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Add the eggs, sour cream, oil, vanilla, and vinegar, and 1 cup hot water and mix with a wooden spoon until the batter is smooth.

Pour the batter into the cake pans -- over sugar mixture -- and bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the cake center comes out clean -- 35 to 40 minutes. Cool cakes in the pans for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pans and turn cakes out onto a cooling rack. Remove the paper and cool completely.




2.Assemble the cake: Spread the fudge topping over the sugar mixture side of one cake layer.
 
 


Place the second layer over the first ..
 
 



Frost the cake sides with your favorite chocolate icing.
 
This Recipe called for pecans on the top of the cake, but i'm not very fond of them.. so I replaced them w/chocolate chips..
 
You Must Have A cup Of  Coffee With the cake!!
 

20 comments:

  1. Oh, that is just evil!! I think you are my new best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm....that looks soooo gooood! you should make one for your mom for mothers day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. UR killing my diet! I have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sarah- she had her share last nite! lol.. and crazy mom- ha.. my aunt said the same thing;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave Zach some of this today at lunch and he said it was "Scrumdiliumptious!" It was toooo good! Good job, Hannie Em!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks yummy. I think I will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, I think I'll have to make this for my mom on Mother's Day - she loves Turtles and Praline - - can you tell me where you got your recipe?? mandybeez at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh My YUMMINESS!!! I think I gained a few pounds just looking at it! I'm definitely going to try this. I'm with you on the baking. My kitchen is my happy place. :)

    I bet you would like my oatmeal cake recipe. I promised something healthy for this Foodie Friday, but I think I'll post next week.

    Thanks for linking up to my Transform Tuesday party. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh ... I am drooling. This looks sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks sooo delicious and the bad part is, I have all the ingredients! Even the pecans, which I love, oh dear...and I only have two pounds to lose to goal. It may have to wait for a few weeks...I will make this though. Thanks for the recipe and your blog looks really great!
    Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my WORD! I just gained 5 lbs. reading this recipe...Must. Make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My dear Hannah...have I told you lately how much I love you??? I think this blog is deliciously awesome! I am going to try this recipes soon, and I LOVE the apron!!! Makes me want one! Keep the goodies coming. I am so proud of you...please tell everyone that your 6th grade teacher was your blog inspiration...(even though, I know it was your Aunt Kerri!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, that looks so delicious! I will definitely be trying that!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Hannie,
    I have a gift for you, so come for a visit!

    http://knitsandreads.blogspot.com/2010/05/sunshine-award.html

    ~Lauri

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing; and much luck and success with your blogging.
    Desi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, I think I just gained a couple of pounds looking at this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I made this yesterday for my sister's birthday and it was a huge hit!!! Thanks for this awesome recipe! I posted about this recipe on my blog:

    http://ashleyscrafts.blogspot.com/2010/07/super-delicious-chocolate-cake.html

    I used one of your pictures, hope ya don't mind!

    Keep the recipes coming!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  18. Maravillosa! Se ve divina!

    http://dulzurasartisticas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete